Monday, October 19, 2015

Swan Lake Hat

A friend of mine just decided to sell some clothes and accessories, and was kind enough to ask me if I wanted to buy a certain hat from her, before she sold it to someone else. When I saw it, I definitely felt this one needed to be added to my hat collection! And here is why...






Gorgeous, isn't is?... It's a half hat from the 1940s or 50s, covered in the softest white feathers, that has light-pink nuances in it.




As the label on the inside says, it originally comes from Modes Bettina in Vienna. I googled the name, but unfortunately I didn't find any info about it's origins.






It fits my small-sized head perfectly, and I feel I could definitely dance Swan Lake in it. Haha! Love my new hat...


2 comments:

  1. Soooooo beautiful! Have you thought about wearing it with a grown up tutu (I made my own black circle skirt out of 10 layers of tulle) in blush? and a pair of ballet flats? Taking my love of ballet way too literally with this hat as the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that tulle skirt you made is beautiful! Wearing tulle makes you feel pretty. :) I will probably end up wearing this hat with one of my vintage ball gowns. Many of which ARE made of tulle! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash