Friday, May 22, 2015

Fabergé Friday

For me, one thing that says summer has come to Sweden is when the swallows have arrived. This haven't happened yet. But while we're waiting, here is a swallow from Fabergé! It was commissioned by King Edward VII in 1907, as part of the Sandringham Commission.




This very life-like little bird is carved from obsidian and white quartzite. It has eyes of rose-cut diamonds, and feet made of gold. The size of the swallow is 1'' x 2.5'' x 0.6'' (2.5 x 6.4 x 1.6 cm), and it is part of the Royal Collection.







1 comment:

  1. So beautiful!! I hope they come soon for you, so summer will arrive. It's still chilly here at times, so I am ready for summer very much. I have a yellow strappy 50's vintage dress that I'm aching to get out in the sunshine in!! Have a wonderful weekend my dear Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash