Friday, March 22, 2013

Fabergé Friday

Fabergé didn't just create the bigger Easter Eggs he was so famous for. He also made small egg-pendants, to be worn on a chain as a necklace. Here is one, an Eternity Egg Pendant, made sometime between 1908 and 1907!


This little egg is covered in strawberry-red enamel over a guilloché ground. On both the back and the front sits a gold arrow, decorated with one diamond each.


The hight of the egg is 11/16'' (1,8 cm), and it was made by workmaster Henrik Wigstrom.


It can be bought at Romanov Russia for 14,000 USD.






3 comments:

  1. Ooooh...I want one, this is precious and the colour is marvellous. My daughter would want this as it's red and that is her favourite colour :))) Though for the price, I'd have to sell my soul, hahaha. I showed my husband your photo that you tweeted, haha. Well, he'd have seen it any ways since you follow each other. I said you looked very beautiful & he said I sounded like I had a crush, hahahaha! I said there is nothing wrong with a woman saying another woman looks beautiful! He agreed, so that was the end of it, haha. The body is a work of art & one should never be ashamed of what one has been given is what I say!! This little gem here could be worn in a picture even if we owned it :))) That would be splendid!! I'd have a picture like that too if I could wear this gem, haha. Anyways...have a marvellous Friday & weekend doll, let's hope it warms up for us all...am sick of this cold weather!! I need my spring dresses out now ;) <3 <3 <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool, I never knew that they actually made earrings in the egg shape as well as the big eggs, how awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash